What is MuscleSound?
MuscleSound is a cloud-based clinical ultrasound analytics solution used to diagnose malnutrition, ultimately improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
By applying muscle ultrasound acquired analytics and AI algorithms as a point-of-care diagnostic and clinical decision support software tool, MuscleSound software helps clinicians accurately and effectively diagnose:
MuscleSound’s technology, which pairs with off-the-shelf ultrasounds, enables non-invasive, inexpensive, easy and reliable nutrition health screening. MuscleSound provides, rapid, fully automated and validated data for:
- Muscle Glycogen
- Muscle Quality (IMAT)
- Muscle Size
- Body Composition
- …and more
MuscleSound has the only point-of-care quantitative, non-invasive, rapid response assessment of muscle health which can be used throughout patient healthcare journey. MuscleSound’s technology identifies muscle tissue mass, muscle composition and muscle energy reserve during critical times before, during and after treatment to enable timely and directed patient care, better outcomes, reduced episode of care cost and enhanced quality of life.
Look at stats that support the need for this technology. We’re paving the way to become a new standard of care and the next vital sign.
- Up to 60% of hospitalized adults have malnutrition
- 90% of malnourished patients are undiagnosed as malnourished
- Less than 40% of diagnosed malnourished patients receive meaningful nutrition therapy
- More than 50% of patients have poorly or undiagnosed comorbidities at the time of their surgery
- 40% of nutrition-related conditions are misdiagnosed and/or undocumented in perioperative cases
- During the first week of ICU care, patients lose more than 20% of their muscle mass
Enables early, timely and directed patient care, resulting in improved outcomes and enhanced quality of life
A malnutrition diagnosis generates significant additional reimbursement and reduces healthcare costs
Backed by 15 patents and numerous trademarks
Fully developed, cloud-based software used daily around the world