MuscleSound Provides the Solution
MuscleSound is the only non-invasive and quantitative point-of-care test to assess malnutrition, associated morbidities and overall muscle health.
What is MuscleSound?
By applying muscle ultrasound acquired analytics and AI algorithms as a point-of-care diagnostic and clinical decision support software tool, MuscleSound software helps clinicians accurately and effectively diagnose:
MuscleSound’s technology, which pairs with off-the-shelf ultrasounds, enables non-invasive, inexpensive, easy and reliable nutrition health screening. MuscleSound provides rapid and fully automated data for:
FDA Registered 510(k) Exempt Claims:
- Muscle Size and Symmetry
- Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue (SAT)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Percent Body Fat
- Lean Body Mass
For Research and Informational Use Only:
- Intramuscular Adipose Tissue (IMAT)
- Intramuscular Adipose Tissue (IMAT) Index
- Estimated Fuel Level (EFL)
- Muscle Fuel Symmetry (MFS)
- Muscle Fuel Rating (MFR)
- Muscle Energy Status (MES)
MuscleSound has the only point-of-care quantitative, non-invasive, rapid response assessment of muscle health which can be used throughout patient healthcare journey. MuscleSound’s technology identifies muscle tissue mass, muscle composition and muscle energy reserve during critical times before, during and after treatment to enable timely and directed patient care, better outcomes, reduced episode of care cost and enhanced quality of life.
Look at stats that support the need for this technology. We’re paving the way to become a new standard of care and the next vital sign.
- Up to 60% of hospitalized adults have malnutrition
- 90% of malnourished patients are undiagnosed as malnourished
- Less than 40% of diagnosed malnourished patients receive meaningful nutrition therapy
- More than 50% of patients have poorly or undiagnosed comorbidities at the time of their surgery
- 40% of nutrition-related conditions are misdiagnosed and/or undocumented in perioperative cases
- During the first week of ICU care, patients lose more than 20% of their muscle mass
Enables early, timely and directed patient care, resulting in improved outcomes and enhanced quality of life
A malnutrition diagnosis generates significant additional reimbursement and reduces healthcare costs
Backed by 15 patents and numerous trademarks
Fully developed and FDA Registered cloud-based software used daily around the world
“The ease of adoption of muscle ultrasound at the ICU bedside has been markedly improved by the availability of a muscle-specific ultrasound technology (MuscleSound, Inc., Colorado, USA). The technology is focused on allowing rapid, accurate measures of lean body mass at the bedside, with built-in guidance to ensure reproducible measurements. This is a significant improvement in lean body mass ultrasound technology. Unique measures of muscle glycogen and muscle quality can now be ascertained at the bedside in study subjects using MuscleSound.”
– Dr. Paul Wischmeyer and Jeroen Molinger, Duke University Medical Center
Reach out today to discuss your healthcare organization’s